Had the gang over for supper last night.
Rather than serving a dinner of courses -- pasta course, meat, then salad, and dessert -- I put everything out at once:
• Baked ricotta [recipe follows]
• Assorted cheeses -- gruyere, gouda, provolone -- with pepperoni slices
• Baba ganoush
• Apple chutney [recipe follows]
• Crostini, crackers, and Ree Drummond's steakhouse dinner rolls [http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/10/buttered-rosemary-rolls/
• Green salad
• Mezzi rigatoni with broccoli rabe and oven-roasted sausage [recipe follows]
We grazed and grazed and talked and laughed and had a great time.
Dessert was pumpkin bread [recipe follows] that I'd made earlier Sunday morning. Mine is chock full of raisins, dates, prunes, and crystallized ginger. Mmmmmmmmm....
Monday, November 23, 2009
Dave loves to eat, and cook, and feed his family and friends. Thankfully Dave's family and friends like to eat what he cooks. Dave has achieved the Great American Dream -- suburban banality. He cooks from his modestly appointed kitchen in the leafy suburbs of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, a stone's throw from Philadelphia. Stop by for dinner. Or lunch. Or breakfast.