I've given some thought to Kit's birthday dinner on Saturday evening in NYC. First stop in NYC will be Union Square Greenmarket. I'm meeting Kit at the Coffee Pot Cafe across the street.
Other than the remarkable bounty available at the Greenmarket (http://www.cenyc.org/node/282), there are a couple supermarkets nearby, so we can easily supplement our purchases with supermarket items. There's a Whole Foods on the south side of the Square on 14th St, and a Food Emporium on the east side of the Square.
Here's what I've come up with:
• Assortimento di antipasti – cheeses, sausages, cruditès -- from the Market (OK, that means munchies.)
• Pasta dish of some sort, depending on what's at the market. I'm thinking pasta with vegetables, like cauliflower or broccoli rabe. Or perhaps even a one-dish vegetable/sausage combo.
• Chicken marsala or francese (depends on availability of mushrooms, etc.), or a braised chicken dish.
• Winter root-vegetable salad. Considering what I can expect at the market, this is a certainty.
• Citrus sections
• Sweet dessert as available at the market
We'll be five for dinner -- Kit, Barbara, Dan, Karen, and I.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Dinner in NYC
Dave loves to eat, and cook, and feed his family and friends. Thankfully Dave's family and friends like to eat what he cooks. Dave has achieved the Great American Dream -- suburban banality. He cooks from his modestly appointed kitchen in the leafy suburbs of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, a stone's throw from Philadelphia. Stop by for dinner. Or lunch. Or breakfast.